SONDEX® Free Flow plate heat exchangers
SONDEX® Free Flow plate heat exchangers are excellent choices for applications that use media with particle-rich contents, fouling tendency, or high viscosity. We customize each Free Flow heat exchanger to suit your application and media type. The contact-free plate channels ensure an unimpeded flow and long intervals between cleaning.
We set the new standard for improved performance and reliability when your media require gentle treatment and are unsuitable for regular heat exchangers due to viscosity, fouling tendency, or particle contents.
Features and benefits
- Gentle treatment and even distribution of the media provide the highest possible product output quality.
- High heat transfer efficiency and extended intervals between cleaning ensure operation for an entire campaign with minimum downtime and maximum value for money.
- Large plate gap designed to counteract fouling with sizeable plate channels and no stagnant zones.
- Connections from DN25 to DN300 (1" to 12")
- (Frames designed according to FEA and PED 2014/68/EU (EN13445) and ASME sec VIII, Div. 1 construction standards)
- Plate materials: AISI 304/316, titanium, SMO, Hastelloy*
- Gasket materials: EPDM-HT, NBR-HT, Viton*
- Plate heights up to 3.5 m
- Flow rates up to 1,600 m3/h
- Plate gaps from 5 mm to 20 mm
- Working pressure up to 10 bar
- Working temperatures from -20 °C to 180 °C
*other materials available upon request
- Dairy/food/beverage industry
- Sugar industry
- Biogas industry
- Wastewater industry
- Pulp and paper industry
- Mining industry
Copyright © • Sondex A/S • Member of Danfoss Group